Monday 21 January 2013

Mixed Ink and Tim's Tags Inspired Card

 

I created the below card for my Dad's Birthday, I wanted to use the Stampers Anonymous stamps as I had received them from my Dad for Christmas.

My initial idea had been to make a card inspired by Tim Holtz January 2013 tag, but it didn't seem right for the card so just used some elements of it, including my first go with the metallic distress inks.


During the process I read about a challenge to create new colours using ranger inks so used Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise and Pure Sunshine mixed together along with wrinkle free distress to create alot of the background splodges. I then followed this with Dylusions Bubblegum Pink and Crushed Grape mixed together and splattered across the frames trying to give the whole thing the appearance of an ancient lost drawing.

Pleased with the techniques I played with and will use them again.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous - and such brilliant vibrant colours!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, I'm sure your Dad will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours and stamps, Heidi.....I'm sure you dad will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. First,you have a cool dad. And he will love this card. I love your colors, and how you made a trypich using tags. (I confess, this was a "duh" moment for me! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete